Amazonas State Has US$ 17 Million at 1.5% for Brazilian Green Entrepreneurs

    Cupuassu fruit from the Brazilian Amazon

    Cupuassu fruit from the Brazilian Amazon Amazonas state governor has announced that his administration will supply, beginning next year, 30 million Brazilian reais (US$ 17.1 million) to finance producers in the state that work with fruit, fish, cassava paste, ethanol and biodiesel, and fuel for autos and trucks made of vegetable oils or animal fat.

    The action is part of the Amazonas State Program for Attracting Agroindustries (ProAgro), which proposes a sort of society to the participating cooperatives, associations, and companies.

    The partnership provides for the state government to finance up to 49% of expenses, with the remaining 51% to be invested by the benefited parties.

    Financings can be paid in up to ten years, at an annual interest rate of 1.5%, starting 12 months after the partnership has been established.

    The president at the Amazonas Development Company (Ciama), Aluí­sio Barbosa, informs that in order to be eligible, interested parties must be linked to companies, cooperatives, or associations, as the funding cannot be directly supplied to natural persons. He explains what those interested should do.

    "Interested parties should fill the form available at the Websites of the Secretariat of Rural Production (Sepror) and of Ciama and, depending on the type of deal that they are willing to close, they will be requested to provide further detail, to specify what market they wish to cater to, what raw material they are going to need, how much funding they are going to need, and after filling up this consultation letter, they should outline a simple business plan, one that specifies their intentions, financial objectives, and any guarantees that they might have," said Barbosa.

    All of the projects proposed will be analyzed by a mixed commission including representatives of government organizations, members of the Federal University of Amazonas, and of the National Institute for Research on the Amazon (Inpa).

    ABr

    Tags:

    • Show Comments (0)

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    comment *

    • name *

    • email *

    • website *

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

    Ads

    You May Also Like

    Argentineans Go to Brazil to Do Business with Arabs

    Argentina has potential to double or even triple country exports to the Arab countries. ...

    Will Debt-Ridden Brazil Follow Argentina’s Lead?

    With the successful termination of Argentina’s debt swap offer on February 25, President Kirchner’s ...

    Brazil Tiles and Stones Find Place in the World

    The 3rd Revestir, International Tiles and Stones Trade Fair, will gather 130 companies and ...

    Calendar

    President Fernando Henrique Cardoso unabashedly stands by everything he ever wrote and insists that, ...

    Residence in Gramado, Brazil

    Half of Brazilians Are Middle Class, Finance Minister Announces

    The Brazilian economy should grow by approximately 4% in 2009, despite the global crisis ...

    Lula at Rio's Carnaval distributing condoms

    Brazil President Celebrates Carnaval Tossing Condoms to Crowd

    Minimum clothing plus bubbles, feathers and glitter exposing spectacular bodies blended to offer the ...

    Clio made by Renault in Brazil

    Boom Times for French Carmaker Renault in Brazil: 61% Growth Anticipated

    Renault Brazil, the Brazilian subsidiary of the French carmaker, increased its vehicle production in ...

    Syrian refugees in Brazil

    Red Tape: For Refugees Trying Brazil Many Call But Few Are Chosen

    Until April this year, Brazil received 1,938 refugee applications, but only 680 were accepted. ...

    Recent Events in Brazil Are Not an Excuse for Torture

    Amnesty International strongly condemns the reported rape of a female teacher held hostage during ...

    Brazil’s Women Prisoners: Invisible and Wronged

    Out of every 100 prisoners in the state of São Paulo, Brazil, 5 are ...