Brazil Adopts Cost-Reduction and Productivity-Increase Plan for Industries

    Brazil's Abimaq

    Brazil's Abimaq A technological improvement program most of it paid by Brazil's government utilizing specialized technicians has already benefited 73 companies in the southernmost Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul.

    The program has the experts visit enrolled companies, make a diagnosis of their management system, of their product qualification status, and manufacturing processes, and then it suggests actions such as cost reduction and productivity increase.

    The Technological Extension program is developed by the Brazilian Machinery Manufacturers Association (Abimaq) through the Institute for Research and Development of the Machinery Industry (IPD-Maq).

    In Rio Grande do Sul, the project was implemented in partnership with the local branch of the National Service of Industrial Education (Senai).

    The program has the support of the Ministry of Science and Technology and has already been implemented in the states of São Paulo, Santa Catarina, Pernambuco, Rio Grande do Norte, and Paraí­ba, in 2006.

    "This year, we hope to reach the Brazilian states of Rio de Janeiro, Goiás, Mato Grosso do Sul, Minas Gerais and Paraná," said the president of Abimaq, Newton de Mello.

    After each company has been diagnosed, interested parties contact the program's regional partner (Senai Rio Grande do Sul, for instance) for an estimate of how much the program implementation would cost. The Brazilian Ministry of Science and Technology funds 80% of the budget, with the remaining 20% paid for by the benefited company.

    Anba

    Tags:

    • Show Comments (0)

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    comment *

    • name *

    • email *

    • website *

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

    Ads

    You May Also Like

    Brazil's Amazon Rainforest

    Greenpeace Gets Commitment that Will Slow Down Brazilian Amazon’s Deforestation

    American-based outdoor footwear and apparel maker Timberland announced, this Wednesday, July 29, a policy ...

    Brazil Fears no Blackouts or Brownouts At Least Up to 2010

    Brazil does not face the risk of running short of electric power, either for ...

    IMF Chooses Brazilian for Its Top Management Team

    International Monetary Fund Managing Director Rodrigo de Rato, proposed this week the appointment of ...

    Serra and Rousseff kiss

    Dilma 48%, Serra 41%, Say Polls at Start of Second Round Race

    Despite the glaring mistakes during the first round, Brazilians keep an eye on the ...

    Economy Must Produce Well Being, Says Brazil’s Lula in Paris

    President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva declared that he would like to see the ...

    McDonald’s Will Have Burger King to Battle in Brazil Too

    Burger King Corporation announced recently the opening of its first freestanding Burger King restaurant ...

    Brazil: Why Have Cheers Become Jeers for Lula

    The defining element of the 2005 World Social Forum, in Porto Alegre, Brazil, is ...

    Brazil Celebrating WTO Victories Against US and EU

    Brazil’s Ministry of Foreign Relations is commemorating two World Trade Organization decisions that were favorable ...

    American president Bush and his host Brazilian president Lula at Transpetro

    Bush Says Brazil and US Are Working Together for the Good of Mankind

    Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva and his American counterpart, George W. Bush, ...

    Brazil's biofuel

    Brazil and US Vow Joint Effort to Develop Energy Security

    The minister of Mines and Energy of Brazil, Edison Lobão and the United States ...